Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Days 9 & 10 - Cleanse FINISHED

So, Days 9 and 10 were just as uneventful as the previous days. No real changes. CRAZY schedule days, so one again - no workout for me. I am a full-time working mom with 2 kids with insane January schedules. Its either get up at 5:30 a.m to work out (which I'm not willing to do - my sleep is more valuable to me) or work out at 9 or 9:30 at night on days like these and by that time of night, all I want to do is crawl into bed. Exercise has never been my strong point. I hate it and honestly, time just isn't on my side most days.

I did try a new recipe last night. Hubby and I both really liked it. The kids wouln't even taste it. Oh - correction - my oldest took one bite and immediately hated it. Neither of my kids like fish, unless its smothered in butter sauce! :-)  Regardless, I loved this and will add it to my regular recipe rotation. I served it with leftover roasted vegies, steamed broccoli and a yummy Whole Grain rice flavored with pecans...I wish I could remember the brand name...Orient something, I think. Rice aisle at Walmart. I didn't take a picture of dinner, but it was yummy!
Almond-Crusted Tilapia
by Kristy Denney
 
Ingredients
1/4 cup whole natural almonds
2 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash), (I didn't have any so made my own using garlic powder and rosemary)
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
 
Instructions
Place the almonds, bread crumbs, garlic-herb seasoning, and pepper in a food processor, and pulse until finely ground. (I just used my Pampered Chef food chopper and it did the trick)  Pour crumb mixture into a shallow dish or plate.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush mustard over both sides of your tilapia fillets. Dredge the fillets in crumb mixture then place fish in skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes away easily. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
 
 
 
So - Cleanse Finished!!!!   10 days....and I'm only down 2 pounds and I lost 0 inches. Yep - it WAS 3 pounds...but another pound came back on and I have no idea how. I am staying 100% on plan. No variations. My only thought is maybe I'm not getting ENOUGH calories? Maybe my body is in starvation mode and won't let go of the fat??  But I DON'T FEEL like I'm starving by any means. I am staying full and content. But...no weight loss to really speak of.  Frustrated is how I'm feeling. I am sure hoping I see some sort of turn around in Phase II with the MNS. Ho hum....

No comments:

Post a Comment