Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 13, 14 & 15 - spaghetti, FroYo, Eating out and Superbowl

The truth and nothing but the truth....

Friday- Day 13 - Shake for breakfast. Pink lemonade Spark a little later. Banana for snack. Leftovers from dinner the night before for lunch. Snack was a Baggie of bell pepper strips and one of those weird banana applesauce oatmeal cookies I made. Dinner was spaghetti with whole grain noodles, light no-sugar added sauce and 1 lb. of ground venison, which is similar to ground turkey. I served it with some frozen microwave "steam in the bag" green beans, which tasted like rubber. Yuck. I choked down about 1/2 cup and threw the rest away.

The kids have been begging for 2 weeks to go to our local frozen yogurt bar, so we caved. I had about  6 oz. of fat free banana and splurged with some Reeces Peanut Butter Cup crumbled on top.....so good!

Late night snack of fruit salad.

And yes, I took all the Max C supplements at the designated times.

And the morning of Day 14, I am down another pound. Total lost...4 1/2 lb. Yeah!

Saturday -Day 14 was the first "eat out" night on my meal calendar.  My youngest had her big ballet that night, so between getting her ready and having to be there an hour early, cooking wasn't happening! We ate at O'Charleys and I had the Chicken Bruscetta (under 550 calories) with asparagus. It was good. Not great. Its not what I REALLY wanted. And I didn't have any bread, but I wanted to. :-(

Sunday - Day 15 - I guess that Brushetta chicken had more calories than it claims - I gained 1 pound back. Boo! (yes, I'm blaming the chicken)

I'm really starting to hate this...one step forward, two steps back.

Superbowl Sunday- I ate well most of the day. Doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Eating what I'm supposed to be eating. Taking ALL the Supplements when I'm supposed to. I splurged on dinner this night - Bob's smoked chicken wings (only 6), some Scoops and guac, cheese & crackers, fruits and vegies...and 1 beer.

And guess what - I gained 1/2 pound back. No surprise.

So - 15 total days are in the book. I've lost 3 lbs in two weeks. I'm frustrated. I realize I'm not 29 anymore...the pounds are not going to melt off of me just because I give up the foods I love. I'm going to have work harder. But I hate to exercise. I mean...HATE IT. So....what IS going to work? 

9 more days on the 24-Day Challenge. Not that I'm counting down or anything......

....and then I'm going back to Weight Watchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment