Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Days 16-17 - More of the same

Days 16 & 17 are more of the same....

Dinner on Day 16 was Salsa chicken "quesadillas" for dinner. Monday nights are insane at our house, so I need something on those nights that I can eat and run.

Basically - I threw 2 lbs of chicken breasts into the crockpot, sprinkled them with a little taco seasoning and added a jar of salsa. It cooked about 5 hours on low and it was done (sometimes I do 6-8 hours on low or 3 hours on high). I shredded it all up and mixed it well, and left the top off for the last 15 minutes or so as to allow it to thicken up. I've had this recipe in my files for years....like 10 years or longer. Its a old stand-by that can be customized in many, many ways.

I ate mine with a sprinkling of cheese and 1/2 of an avacado on a wheat tortilla. For dinner- I actually "grilled" mine on the griddle so the tortialla was nice and crispy and then I cut it into triangles. I ate the avacado slices on top. For lunch on Day 17, I basically had the same thing, except I squished up 1/2 of an avacodo on a wrap, added about 3/4 cup of the heated up chicken-salsa mixture, rolled it all up and ate it (no cheese). It was also good this way. I've used the mixture in tacos, on nachos or even  on top of baked potatoes. Its pretty versatile. Some people add corn or black beans to it- I don't like either of those things, so I don't. Some people add cream cheese. I've done that, too, but it really doesn't change the overall taste too much, so like to keep it healthier and don't add the cream cheese. (fyi- below is not my photo- its a stock photo I found on Google images- but its exactly what mine looks like.)



Dinner last night was Baked Tilapia. It was good, but very "garlicy". My house still smells this morning! I served it with Quinao, broccoli, carrots and fruit salad. But here is the kicker- my 9 year old ate an entire filet of tilapia. NEVER.BEFORE.HAS.THAT.HAPPENED.   EVER. I was in total and complete shock. I originally gave her 1/2 of one to taste. She ate it all and asked for more. She was given another 1/4 of the filet - she ate it and asked for more. She ate it all. SHOCK. I am in SHOCK.

Baked Tilapia3 ounce tilapia filets
Pam (olive oil flavor)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
minced garlic

Preheat oven to 450°. In glass baking dish, spray Pam.Lightly coat the top of filets with Pam,Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and lots of minced garlic. Bake for 20 minutes.

For me personally, the garlic was pretty overpowering  in this recipe and I like a little bit of other flavors, too. I like the Broiled Tilapia Oreganata better. I have a Broiled Tilapia Pamesan recipe that is really good, too. I'm making that this coming weekend, along with a meatloaf recipe. Yes- meatloaf.  A healthy meatloaf recipe. I used to make it ALL THE TIME. When my oldest daughter was just starting to eat  "solid" foods, I was on my post-baby Weight Watchers diet plan and I made this recipe many times. SHE LOVED IT. She would eat as much or more per meal then either my hubby or me. Now- she won't touch it. Go figure. Maybe she'll suprise me- she DID eat the tilapia, after all! I'll post that recipe after I make it.


So, how is my 24-Day Challenge going? Well...I wish I could say SUCCESSFUL!!!  But, no.

I've still only lost 3 lbs and no inches after 17 days. Okay - maybe 1/2 inch on my chest and 1/2 inch on my leg, that is if I'm measuring in the exact same place I measured on Day 1. :-) I was SOOOO hoping that I'd be blogging about losing 1 pound every few days and by now- I'd be down by 8-9 lbs. I'm disappointed.  But, I'm over it. I'm still plugging along doing what I'm supposed to be doing. It is what it is. I wanted to try something different, hence the 24-Day Challenge, but in the end, I'll be going back to what works for ME - Weight Watchers.

I think I'm eating TOO MUCH protein on the 24-Day Challenge and its why I'm not loosing weight. And my urologist would not be happy with me- she told me to cut DOWN on the protein or I'd be back in her office with another kidney stone.  I sooooo do not want to do that again. Ever. That little stone ended up costing more than the diamond on my left hand! Not to mention it hurt worse than childbirth. Yes...it did.

Again - different body types = different ways of successfully losing weight. 

And there is always exercise...or lack thereof. I just cannot do it consistently. I KNOW this lack of exercise hinders and slows weight loss. Its MY fault. I know that. Its not going to change. I could tell you I was going to change- that I was going to work out 4-5 times a week. I'd be lying.

Sorry Advocare peeps - please, please know that I'm probably NOT the norm. I am probably in the 5% of people that do not have success with the 24-Day Challenge. Its just not the right fit for me or my life. I'm totally ok with that. I am going to finish the program, though. I've adjusted my goal to 5 lbs. If I can lose 5 lbs total, I will be happy. I'm totally jealous of everyone that lost 12-15 lbs doing the Challenge, though. 

Tonight was originally going to be dinner at Church, but after seeing the "Valentines Dinner" menu of Beef Bourguignon Over Egg Noodles and Assorted Decadent Desserts, I may opt to stay home and eat left-over salsa chicken quesadillas. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment