Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 12- Sticking with it & yummy chicken recipe

Wow- I really opened up a can of worms with my post yesterday! :-)  I had more page views than any other post and also more comments than all of my other posts combined. I heard from many of you offering advice and many of you sharing similar stories of your hard times or experiences with Advocare. It was nice to hear from BOTH sides. Thanks to everyone for that.

So - yesterday (day 12) was normal. Completely 100% normal. No weirdness. No crankiness or a bad case of the grumpies. I felt fine. I think what I just needed to do was give myself permission to make a decision - one way or the other. The "waivering" and "wrestling" with myself was driving me crazy. Once I decided to give it one more day, I felt better. Strange, I know. I don't like indecision. And I think the fact that started a ton of new supplements on Day 11 might have made my body chemistry all confused that day! Who knows- maybe it was the crazy weather? :-)

I've decided to stick with it and not change anything for now. I thought I might switch to the Max3 instead of the Max C that I'm currently taking, but really, yesterday was just fine. I don't really have a reason to switch for now. My Advocare gal gave me a few pointers, one of which was to drink the shake in the morning to add some protein to my diet in the morning. (which I did today - I made it in my kids' Magic Slushie cup....worked great!!) Another tip was to take the "30 minutes before meal" pack no MORE than 30 minutes before a meal...or even only 15 minutes before a meal, which I also did this morning (day 13 in actuality).

I tried the pink lemonade Spark this morning too- SO GOOD!  My favorite so far. Maybe cause its not nearly as sweet as the fruit punch? It reminded me of Crystal Lite pink lemonade.

And oh - I lost 1 1/2 more lbs. Total down is only 3 1/2...but its 3 1/2, right?

Yesterday I did alter my eating plan a little. Oatmeal and fruit for b'fast, which I will change from now on to add protein to my morning instead. Snack....a banana maybe? I forgot. Lunch - after taking my 30 minutes before lunch pack, I wasn't hungry. Not even a little bit. Nothing sounded good, so I had my first Meal Replacement shake for lunch. It was pretty yummy. I'm not sure I can drink one every single day, though. Afternoon snack was a baggie of bell pepper strips and something else- sorry - it was a crazy afternoon. Dinner was delish. I made a great chicken recipe, which has been a staple in my house for years. See below. I served it with a side of a stuffed portabelle mushroom (produce section at Kroger - only 80 calories!), roasted asparagus and tomatoes and Quinoa. Oh, and fruit salad.


After dinner - I made these Banana Oat "breakfast" cookies :

Full recipe:http://caloriecount.about.com/banana-oat-breakfast-cookies-watching-recipe-r1087838

I wish I could say they are GREAT! Fantastic! Awesome!  But...no. They are ok at best. They have a weird texture and a strange aftertaste. And maybe too much cinnamon? I wasn't impressed. I'll eat what I made, but I won't be making them again.

Here is the chicken recipe. I promise its REALLY GOOD!

Pan Glazed Chicken with Basil  

WW – 4pts each



4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (4 oz. each) or boneless thighs

2 teaspoons olive oil

¼  teaspoon salt

¼  teaspoon pepper


2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

2 Tablespoons honey

2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Basil (or 2 teaspoons dried leaves crushed, but its best with fresh)


Put oil in a skillet and heat to Medium high. 

Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper – I don’t                           measure it!

Cook chicken on medium-high for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.                    Flip it over and brown for about 6 minutes or until done.

 

Mix vinegar, honey and basil and drizzle over chicken and into skillet. Cook about one minute and flip it over for about one minute on the other side.  Very easy and very yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment