Monday, January 21, 2013

DAY 1 - Let's get this party started!

Okay - DAY 1 - I'm psyched! I'm pumped! I'm in the right frame of mind! Lets do this!

Per instructions, upon waking and on an empty stomach, I took 3 Catalysts with water. I proceeded to get ready for the day. 30 minutes later, I head to the kitchen and begin prep of Day 1 morning food and drinks. Day 1 starts with Fiber drink. I stumbled upon a video that showed the correct way to mix and drink this Fiber drink - which was fast! MIX AND CHUG! Do not let it sit or it gets THICK! And follow the drink with 8 oz of water. So, I mix it up and take one look and whiff of it and immediately my morale falls about 10 points. What in the world is this stuff? (and "stuff" is not the word I was using at that time, believe me!). So, I used the trick I use on my kids when their medicine taste yucky. I held my nose and chugged. Then followed with water. Ick. Just ick. I was not psyched anymore or pumped or anything. I was grossed out. I mean - there was NO WAY I was EVER drinking that nasty substance again. Ever. Ok- I was being a little dramatic and after a quick email to my Advocare gal, she advised me on ways to improve it and not give up. I only had to do it 5 more times. Ugh.

My breakfast consisted of a bowl of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. That was about 8:00. And a Spark - I drank a Spark with breakfast to replace my beloved coffee. (and yes, it did the trick - it woke me up even better than coffee!). At 10:30 - I decided it was snack time and I ate 1 hard boiled egg and 1/2 of an orange (I wasn't very hungry at all!) .

Lunch was a version of this: http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/02/15/garden-salad-with-lime-cilantro-dressing/ - I took lettuce, 1 cut up tomato and 1/2 an avacado (I hate red onion) and mixed it with a version of this dressing. I didn't have fresh cilantro, which I honestly think would have made ALL THE DIFFERNCE in the world. I hated it with dried cilantro. It was okay. Won't make it again unless I have all the ingredients. I also had 1/2 of a flatbread with Almond butter and 1/2 of a banana and rolled it up - that was pretty tasty!

Mid-afternoon snack was a handful of almonds and some bell pepper slices. (I tried dipping them in hummus, but I just really don't like the stuff).

Dinner was another recipe I found online - roasted shrimp with carrots and broccoli. http://advosphere.com/cleanse-recipes.html
I tweaked the recipe a lot using spices that my family likes. It didn't turn out looking like the picture, but it was pretty good. If I make it again, I will tweak it again. The only thing I put on the carrots was a tad olive oil and some lemon juice. The only thing I put on the broccoli was olive oil and fresh garlic and I really liked both vegies. I served the shrimp over Quinoa. It was my first time making it and eating it. It basically taste just like brown rice, so don't be frightened by it. It was pretty yummy! (it actually kind of reminded me of PF Changs brown rice!) Here is what my dinner looked like:














After dinner...more water and a snack of an apple about 8:00. Supplements were all taken at the times they were supposed to be. I felt like I was popping pills ALL DAY! (and the last one- the Herbel Cleanse, smelled and tasted funny, even with water). I hope its worth it.

And all day....all I could think about was the fiber drink I had to choke down the next morning. I even dreamed about it. Yep. Keep reading on Day 2 to see how I combatted it and now that I have a battle plan, its perfectly DO-ABLE!!   I am no longer negative about it and I can do it!

Bring on Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment