Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 5 - dinner in the crockpot!

Day 5 - I did not step on the scale this morning. I am trying to wait until tomorrow...I cannot get obsessed with how much I am losing or not losing DAY by DAY. Its the end product that matters, right?

Again, no fiber drink today (can I get a hallelujah!?!), so I started with a bowl of oatmeal. The good old fashioned kind (not quick-oats). A bowl of berries and a Spark about 1 hour later.

Snack was the usual hard boiled egg. A bit of protein!

Lunch - tuna salad made with a tad of olive oil light Mayo and sweet pickles and eaten on 1/2 of a flatbread. I had some watermelon and banana and some carrots.

Afternoon snack - my beloved celery and PB. I love this stuff. I think it reminds me of being a kid. Everytime I eat it I wonder why I don't eat it more often...like PB and banana sandwiches. YUM.

Dinner was a roast chicken (in the crockpot - recipe below). Before I put it in the crockpot, I cut about 75% of the skin off of it, to cut WAY DOWN on the fat. I served it with steamed broccoli, steamed green beans and a mixture of Quinea and brown rice with a red pepper & basil flavor packet - not sure what brand it was. Oriental something or other. Found it in the rice aisle. And I added a few strawberries to make my plate more colorful! :-) So far, my entire family is liking the Quinea. (Keen-wa). :-) YES!

About an hour after dinner, I did the 24-minute workout again. I just repeated what I did on day 1 (MELT), although I went out of order according to the workout chart I printed off of:http://www.advocare.com/canyou24/tools.aspx
I STARTED off trying to the do the SCULPT workout, but when I realized it was 24 minutes of 24 different exercises, and I needed to watch the instruction video first....the whole process was going to take close to an hour to LEARN...then DO. So, instead of doing NOTHING, I did the MELT workout again. And get this - my 6 year old did it with me - the entire 24 minutes. And almost correctly! Then again- she has PE everyday, dances 2 days a week, can do the splits with no effort and is generally VERY active. She kept teasing me that I couldn't keep up with her! Cute kid.

Workout under my belt - I had an evening snack of a cut-up Sunkist Orange (so yummy and sweet!), Herbel cleanse tablets at bedtime (which I have to take holding my nose!) and off to snooze land!

HALF WAY DONE WITH THE CLEANSE!

(and fyi - as I write this on the morning of day 6 - I am down another pound. Total lost in 5 days = 3 lbs. Hubby is down 7 lbs.)


CROCKPOT ROASTED CHICKEN

This recipe is just as good as any rotisserie chicken out there and much easier to make at home! One chicken will yield roughly 4-6 cups of shredded chicken, so cook it, eat roasted chicken on night for dinner and shred the rest of the chicken for a casserole or soup at a later time.
(I put it into Ziplock freezer bags and freeze it in 2 cup portions)

Ingredients

1 whole chicken (approximately 3-4 pounds)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup chopped onion (optional)

Directions
Wash chicken inside & out (removing anything inside).
Katie's note - if watching your diet- most of the skin can be cut away before cooking.
 
Sprinkle seasoning of your choice on the chicken.
 
Fill the cavity with the chopped onion.

Next, put 3-4 balls of aluminum foil in the bottom of the slow cooker (this creates a rack so the chicken doesn’t soak in its own fatty juices).

Place the chicken in, breast side down, and cook on low for six to eight hours.

(or high for 3-4 hours)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment