Monday, January 21, 2013

DAY 2 - now that I know what to expect, its easy...and apple pie!

(I am writing my Day 2 recap a little early - the day isn't over, but its close enough!)

I totally forgot to mention my weight loss goals. I am not going to publish my "before" weight, but will say that my goal is to lose 10-12 lbs. (one clothing size smaller) in 24 days. I learned a long time ago to pick a goal that is realistic.  Any more than 10-12 lbs. is icing on the cake. I will update at the end how many "inches" I lost as well.

Day 2 - I have a battle plan for this fiber drink. Its a lot of different stuff, but hey, it helped me get through it with no problems today and I'm in a much better frame of mind. Seriously, I didn't think I could do it and viola- I DID!!!  One hurdle jumped!

Here is what I did:
1st: I put a GLASS (not a plastic cup) in the freezer.
2nd: I cut up some fresh fruit. In today's case, I used strawberries, as that is I was having for breakfast anyway.
3rd: I mixed a Mandarine Orange Spark and set aside.
4th: I mixed the fiber drink.
5th: I pulled the glass from the freezer, added about 2 oz of the Spark and then added the fiber drink.
6th: I closed my eyes, held my nose, CHUGGED it and pretended I was drinking cold fresh squeezed orange juice with pulp.  With my nose still held, I popped in some strawberries after I was finished drinking.
7th: Lastly, I let go of my nose- and all I tasted was strawberries. That is it. Glorious yummy strawberries. No nastiness!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complicated - yes, but it made the drink do-able!!  And my morale was boosted back up to a 10! :-) I CAN DO THIS!

Mid-morning snack- 1 hard boiled egg and an apple. And a bottle of water. (however, I was still pretty full from the fiber drink and fruit!)

Lunch - 1 packet of hickory smoked tuna mixed with about 1 tbsp on low-fat Mayo w/Olive Oil and a few chopped up sweet pickles. I ate it on 1/2 piece of flatbread. I also had about 1/2 cup fresh  cut fruit salad and about 3/4 of a bell pepper. (its hard to guage on the vegies, as I cut up 3 big peppers and divided them into 5 baggies...so maybe it was about 12 small slices.)  Chased it all with a bottle of water.

About 2:00 - Spark

About 3:00 - celery slices with 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter. SO YUM!!

3:30 - 24 minute Advocare Exercise video!  (acutally, I put the DVD in at 3:15, but it had about 15 minutes of info and instructions to watch.) I also learned there is a calendar on the Advocare website I need to download and print. All in all - the workout was great. I definitely felt it!

5:30 - dinner of Vegetable Soup (an old 0 point Weight Watchers recipe), a smoked chicken breast and some left over quinoa from the night before. I also took the Omega supplement with dinner.

NOW...after dinner is when it gets tricky for me. That is when my sweet tooth really sets in! It was already in high gear because when I went to pick up the kids at Grammy's house today, they'd made cookies...to send home. Grrreat...

So, my solution - sugar free Extra gum - Dessert Delights in Apple Pie flavor!
It totally did the trick! And they have other yummy flavors, too, although Sherbert isn't my favorite. The Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream flavor is very good, as is the Keyline Pie and Strawberry Shortcake! It may not be 100% Cleanse friendly, but hey - it helps me calm that sweet tooth pretty darn fast and it has to be better than eating the REAL thing, right? :-)


I have a night full of running one of the kids to and from dance practice and meetings, so my 8pm snack will probably be some berries or some orange slices once I get home...plus more water and my nighttime supplements! So far, so good. I can honestly say, that after today - I have NO complaints!
Bring on Day 3!

1 comment: