Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Red Sweater

My red sweater....a plain old soft, comfy long sleeve and long torso red sweater. I've had it for years. 10 years to be exact. I know this because I wore it as a MATERNITY sweater with my first child because it was long enough to cover the the waist band of my maternity pants when I first started wearing them and had gained enough weight that my "real" clothes didn't fit anymore, but I didn't need the "real" maternity shirts yet....the weird pregnancy stage of the 2nd trimester (and even a little into my 3rd). It is a A MATERNITY sweater in my mind.

I have that sweater on TODAY, which is why its on my mind (and I'm not pregnant). I HATE THAT IT FITS ME. 

My red sweater is my motivation. I don't want it to fit me ever again. Ever.

I want to enjoy shopping again. I don't want to dress in layers because I'm hiding what is underneath.  I want to feel ok in my own skin at the beach or the pool this summer. Or even just in shorts and sleeveless shirts and dresses.

Its my fault. I know this. I like to cook...and bake...and eat.  I know HOW to change it. I've always known HOW. (I've successfully done Weight Watchers 3 times, yet the weight comes back on). I know how to lose it...and I know how to gain it back. :-(  I needed a different tactic.  Then everyone around me started talking about Advocare 24-Day Challenge and talking about the success of the program. So, I thought if they can do it, so can I! 

What is your motivation for doing the Advocare 24-Day Challenge? Why do you 24?

My red sweater is the reason I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment